Accounts Assistant - Internal/External
- 05 Dec 2022
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) seeks to recruit an Accounts Assistant for its office which is based at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is an International organization, one of the 15 CGIAR centres, which conducts agricultural research for rural development in drought-prone of Africa and Asia, headquartered in Patancheru (Hyderabad, Telangana, India) with several regional centers (Bamako (Mali), Nairobi (Kenya)) and country offices, including in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. ICRISAT adopts integrated genetic and natural resources management as its overarching research strategy to improve productivity and enhance resilience of dryland systems. ICRISAT-Ethiopia works with national partners on availing technologies to dry land farmers and agro-pastoralists, enhancing technology utilization, linking farmers to markets, and strengthening the national capacity.
- Review payment requests received to accurate and compliance with ICRISAT policy before processing;
- Review travel authorizations submitted are correct, approved and comply with ILRI / ICRISAT travel policy requirements;
- Process payments within a predetermined time after verifying the requests received do have sufficient/appropriate supporting evidence and are mathematically correct, compliance to policy and procedures and proper authorization;
- Perform timely work and travel advance settlement for ICRISAT staff, partners, and Consultants;
- Review staff project activity advance requests and effect the advance payment after confirming the previous advances are liquidated and following up with the liquidation of staff advances for the ICRISAT Ethiopia office;
- Review and process project advance liquidation or expense recording after receipt of the original invoices and relevant documents by verifying supporting documents presented are appropriate, enough, and in line with the policy;
- Follow up if staff accounts are analyzed and allocation of open items is performed appropriately by liaising with the accountants.;
- Registration of transactions in excel posting summaries and make ready for recording to sun system as per the guidelines;
- Registering Vehicle Mileage recharges in posting summaries on timely manner;
- Handle petty cash for the ICRISAT country office;
- Process petty cash replenishment request;
- Perform proper and explanatory filing system for petty cash, journal vouchers, and check transaction vouchers of the country office;
- Deals with and follow up bank activities like timely transfers, deposits, withdrawals and collection of advice, cheque books and bank statements;
- Assist with the facilitation of audits;
- Scan and archive financial documents with reference number on shared document;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Finance Officer and Country Representative
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- BA degree with two years of relevant work experience in Finance
- Diploma with five years of relevant work experience in Finance
- Work experience in an international NGO or an international organization
- Good computer usage skill and with experiences, in outlook, various accounting software, and ERP
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Grade: HG 12
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 26,649 (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI/ICRISAT remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: AA/ICRISAT/38/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 5 December 2022.
ICRISAT/ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To find more about ICRISAT, visit our Website at www.icrisat.org.
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at https://www.ilri.org
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.