- Nairobi, Kenya
- Corporate Services
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a two Procurement Officers, who under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, has the responsibility for the management of the daily procurement activities from the request to the delivery of goods, works and services.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutrition security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional and country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Analyzing procurement requirements and selecting the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience.
- Proactively coordinate the tendering process, ensuring that the process follows best practice and ILRI’ tender policies.
- Preparation of contractual documents (purchase order and service contracts.
- Support in the Supplier Evaluations and Bid Analysis for local orders items for ToC (Total Cost of Ownership);
- Carry out a price survey; maintain a price list for commonly used items and a list of prequalified vendors;
- Supplier sourcing for the requested purchases as per Purchase Requisition Terms of References (TOR) for the relevant level (value) and category of items required as per ILRI procurement procedures.
- Ensure there is transparency and integrity in all procurements processes.
- Track issued orders all the way to delivery and payment and ensure both internal/external customers are well updated of the progress,
Procurement Administration and relationships
- Ensuring ILRI supply chain procedures are adhered to while purchasing goods/ services required by ILRI’s programs/projects.
- maintaining Supply Chain relationships and customer focused relationships with research customers/scientists.
- Ensuring all specifications in the purchase requisitions are captured in the requests for quotations and subsequently in the purchase order.
- To coordinate with the Supply Chain Manager on procurement planning and budgeting ensuring all specifications in the purchase requisitions are captured in the requests for quotations and subsequently in the purchase order.
- To track in-coming shipments of ordered goods, review completeness and accuracy of shipping, and confirm timely arrival of the right quantity and quality of delivered consignments.
- To ensure the turnaround time for purchase requisitions is as per the shared Supply Chain service charter and in conformity with customer needs.
- Maintain up to date records for all procured goods and services, including approved budgets and supporting documentation: purchase requisitions, quotations, bid evaluations, purchase orders, and related documents.
- Preparation and sharing of procurement dashboard reports/weekly status reports.
- Assist in communicating changes in the supply chain policies to both Internal and external customers and responding to audit queries on time.
Contract management and supplier management
- Liaise with the ILRI legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policies in the preparation of Service Contracts and Service Level Agreement (SLAs).
- Drafting of framework agreements and other related agreements for preferred suppliers.
- Ensuring that periodic (semi-annually) performance evaluation for service contracts is done as per the service level agreements.
- Participate in preparing prequalification documents and performance appraisal for prequalified suppliers.
- Coordinate vendor performance management review using the approved institutional tools and participate in decision making based on the evaluation.
- Bachelors’ degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management or any other relevant degree from a recognized University, Degree in any Laboratory discipline would be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years working experience in a busy procurement environment, experience from a research organization would be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
- Computer proficiency (Email, Internet, Word, Excel, Access or other data-base management, knowledge of automated Supply Chain Software’s would be an added advantage);
- Membership with recognized professional bodies like CIPS and KISM.
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level HG14, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 2 December 2022. The position title and reference number REF: PO/742/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.