People and Organizational Development Officer - Consultant
- 25 Sep 2019
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- People & Organizational Development
The Position: The international livestock research institute is urgently seeking to engage short term People and Organizational Development Officer - Consultant for three months.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
- Reviews and prepares job descriptions;
- Posts the required vacancies using different channels (ILRI website, newspapers, magazines & recruitment agency);
- Attracts and sources candidates by using databases and different channels;
- Screens candidates’ resumes and job applications;
- Conducts interviews’ and filters candidates for open positions;
- Administers the testing process for the different position;
- Produces and issues regular (weekly) reports of recruitment as requested;
- Keeps track and documentation of interviews, hires, transfers, contract renewals;
- seeks hiring approval, checks reference, follows up on entry medical exam, prepares contract, follows up on probationary period;
- Continuously reviews an online recruitment system and flag any system gaps;
- Handles temporary employment contracts such as reviewing contract to ensure compliance with the local legislation, check wages/salaries of casual workers to ensure fairness and consistency;
- Alerts hiring, managers on the status of recruitment about the policy and procedure;
- Analyses the recruitment process performance, recommends and implements changes to the recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/public administration or relevant fields
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to maintain updated physical and digital employee records
- Excellent communication skills of speaking and writing
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Five years of proven work experience in recruitment at International and Non-Governmental Organization.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Consultancy Fee: ILRI offers competitive consultancy fee subject to experience, skill and salary history of the candidate
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 25 September 2019.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at https://www.ilri.org
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
More ILRI jobs
Subscribe by email to ILRI jobs alert