The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit three (3) ICT Customer Services Technicians to respond to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving incidents and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing help desk support.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users
- Responds to Level 1 and 2 support requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail
- Enters call data into the tracking system
- Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Provides user access service
- Diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options
- Develops checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems
- Escalates problems when necessary
- Documents problem status and resolution in tracking log
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT:
- Coordinates the deployment of new or upgraded images, software and hardware for multiple clients
- Configures and installs desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices
- Follows established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades
- Performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Provides on-going support of client technology
- Provides technical support to meetings that include video conferencing
- Monitors and communicates system status
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented
- Assists systems, programming, and vendor professionals, as needed to resolve problems
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets
- Explains service procedures to clients
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Keeps performance metrics
- Identifies recurring and potential problems and notifies team members
- Recommends procedures and controls for service improvements
- Recommends ideas for improving queue time, abandoned call rates and first contact resolution
- Maintains passwords and users credentials to assure systems security and data integrity
- Adheres to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines
- Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of issues resolutions
- Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions
- Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Alerts team members about recurring problems
- Communicates updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity
- Communicate suggestions on backup and recovery procedures
- Makes suggestions for the design of a standard set of integrated products (standard image) by recommending hardware and software products to meet client requirements
- Recommends products to clients by understanding needs and referring to corporate standards list
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing
- Provides input during project planning and requirements phase
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- Diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems with at least 5 years of IT work experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of basic to moderately complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
Terms of Appointment
These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position; based at Nairobi, Kenya and open to Kenyan nationals only.
The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level 2B Level 2, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 20 November 2018. The position title and reference number REF: ICT/CST/09/18 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.