The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Accountant – Support Units and Hosted Institutes who will provide efficient quality service in the field of finance and accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Verify the payments requests received do have sufficient/appropriate supporting evidence are mathematically correct, authentic, comply with policy and procedures;
- Analyses and assigns appropriate and applicable account codes, cost center codes and project codes and preparing for data entry;
- Inputs transactions into the computer system from the documents earlier prepared and generating transaction listings, which serve as payment vouchers for checking and approval.
- Process payments within 4 days after the receipt of the request;
- Record the completion of the request in outlook task.
- Travel and work advance processing and liquidation
- Verify the travel authorization submitted is correct, approved and comply with ILRI travel policy requirements;
- Prepare advance payments within 4 days after the receipt of the travel authorization;
- Analyse staff accounts for the project allocated;
- Process advance liquidation or expense recording within 5 days after the receipt of the original invoices and relevant documents by verifying the supporting documents presented are appropriate, sufficient and in line with ILRI's travel policy.
- Support units and hosted institutes petty cash management
- Verify the summary and the supporting documents presented for petty cash replenishment are sufficient and appropriate;
- Replenish petty cash within 4 days after the receipt of the petty cash summary report and supporting documents;
- Conduct periodic petty cash verification through quarterly cash count and reconciliation.
- Management of credit suppliers (for transactions of support units and HI)
- Follow up the collection of invoices from credit suppliers within 5 days after the receipt of the goods or services;
- Perform matching of the invoice with the PO and GRN;
- Follow up processing of payments to suppliers within the credit period.
- Custody of unused cheque:
- Acts as a dual custodian of the Institute’s unused cheque;
- Countersigns against cheque withdrawals and deposits into the safe.
- Attends to queries of internal and external parties regarding the responsibility areas;
- Advises the Support units and HI Finance Manager on any outstanding issues in the responsibility areas;
- Keeps files of all relevant documents.
Undertakes any other assignment that may be given by the supervisor.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields and professional certificate in ACCA, CPA is a plus.
- 5 years’ of relevant work experience
- Work experience at least in part in an international NGO or an international organization
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 19,112 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history
of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: ASHI/24/18 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 9 August 2018.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
More ILRI jobs
Subscribe by email to ILRI jobs alert